Friday, January 15, 2010

Train Ride to Vienna with Gina Marie Mazzetti

As some of you know, I met a lovely, lovely person just before leaving Morgantown and she quickly grew to sweetheart status. More than that, she took time off from her job at the year's end to visit me! We had a marvelous time together, and I will document more of that in future 'blogs, but here is a taste of the trip we took from Zagreb to Vienna . . . for around $40 each! We also enjoyed the first sunshine in over a week, and Mother Nature couldn't have chosen a more beautiful terrain to shine on than these foothills to the Alps. The route went roughly from Zagreb through Maribor in Slovenia, through Graz in Austria ending up in Vienna. All told, about six hours of serene travel. Well, there was one drawback--I taught Gina to play Shithead* on the train and she beat me the first four games! Grrr.



*http://www.pagat.com/beating/shithead.html

No comments:

Post a Comment